Monday, October 30, 2006

There are two more awards to add to the list. This should do it for my predictions before the season rolls out. I'm looking forward to another year of hoops and I hope it is as exciting as it was last year.


Defensive Player Of The Year: AK47

Andrei would have at least one defensive player of the year award had he remained healthy. He looks to be in good health and I think he needs a year of health to benefit his team and silence critics. There is no better weak-side defender in the league and he is one of the few players that can change an entire game without scoring a point. I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up with 2.5 blocks and 2.5 steals per game.


6th Man Of The Year: Leandro Barbosa

The scoring has always been there for the Blur but his improved defense will keep him on the court longer. With more time, will come more points and more exposure. I told friends that I thought he could become another Bobby Jackson before his time was done, and he is really nearing that status.

No comments: