Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Oh, the madness of March!

I'm not going to sit down and break down every game in every bracket because, like most people, I haven't had the time to scout VCU or Oral Roberts at length. If anything, I thought I could suggest who I think will be in the Final Four and who I think will be king of the hill.

The Final Four


VS.



This would be an interesting matchup a year after the fact. These are two very different teams. UCLA is a very controlled team that plays grind it out basketball and fantastic defense. Florida is an uptempo team that kills you on the interior with their bigs and on the exterior with kick outs to their guards. Guard play is huge in college basketball and will get UCLA far but I don't see them getting past a team so much larger than themselves.



VS.



I know this is the sexy pick but it is hard to ignore all the NBA level talent on both these teams. Due to their inexperience though, I could see this being a sloppy game full of a lot of nerves. In the end though, I don't think Oden can contain both Hansbrough and Wright. OSU is used to being the bigger team but they will struggle to contain their bigs as well as their guards on kickouts.

The Final!




VS.



This will be a great matchup between two teams full of NBA talent. This will be an up and down game with a lot of scoring and highlight reel plays. In the end though, the experience amongst Brewer, Noah, Horford and Green will be too much for the young Tar Heels. It will be a close one but with the way the Gators have hit the switch again, the title will be in their hands once again. After all is said and done, we can only hope for this...



I'll give my impressions on the actual tournament and how I was probably completely wrong in the next couple of weeks. Enjoy the Madness!

No comments: