Monday, October 08, 2007

Player to Watch





Every year the Suns have a shot at a lottery pick, I obsess about those first thirteen picks. Who will go where? What do the Suns need? Somewhere along the way I find a player I am insanely intrigued by like Sergio Rodriguez or Shaun Livingston in the past. This year, that man, er, teenager, is Serge Ibaka. Apparently, I can only like players that have names that begin with "Serg"..

I watched the video above after reading about this kid via NBADRAFT.NET and Draftexpress and I've been fascinated ever since. Keep in mind that he is seventeen,(21 in Mutombo years), and 6'10. Look at his speed from end to end, his touch with his jumper, his insane leaping ability and best of all, hustle and fire on the boards or as a weak-side defender.

He is firing up draft boards across the net and it won't be long before Chad Ford has a blog declaring Serge the next Reign Man or Amare Stoudemire. I don't know what he will become and a lot of this will be on him to continue to work on his game and learn how to properly utilize his obvious gifts. Being that he plays in Spain, at least the coaching and competition should help prepare him for just that. Keep your eye on this kid because I wouldn't be shocked to hear his name called in the late lottery, hopefully by the Suns, on draft night.

No comments: