Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Here I am writing about all this stuff on the current happenings around the NBA and I haven't even written anything about the NBA Finals. There are some dynamic talents on display with players like Dirk and Dwayne Wade but I just haven't gotten into it. I guess I was on such a high from the Phoenix run that I didn't know what to do with myself without our floppy haired floor general running the show. After hearing about Mark Cuban's antics, I'm kind of happy I haven't tuned in. While the officiating can be very poor at times, there is no "conspiracy" within the NBA. If there was, the Knicks and Lakers would be champions every year and David Stern would have ratings through the roof. I used to love the story of how Mark obtained the Mavs and felt like he was one of us. He was just a normal guy that happened to be able to purchase an NBA franchise. As time has gone on though, he's become more and more egotistical. The money has finally gotten to his head and you can tell that he feels that he is above the his team, his players and the NBA in general. I love the way the Mavs play ball but deep down, I don't want Mark to raise that golden orb above his head. My predication you ask? Mavs in seven but I'm not happy about it....

No comments: