Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Save the Sonics!



Being born and raised in Phoenix, the only real tie I have to the Sonics is on a rivalry basis. I always respected their teams and I grew up as a great fan of Gary Payton. I remember running around on the basketball court at ten with my bright green GP jersey on. I have recently moved to the Seattle area and the future of the team is uncertain. I can't imagine my Suns potentially moving to Oklahoma City after I've spent years cheering my heart out for them in the good times and the bad. There is hope now that it looks like Kevin Durant will be playing here and if management is smart and can work a deal for Rashard Lewis, things could be looking up very quickly. People in the area are fighting for their Sonics and I know I want to watch NBA on a yearly basis and I feel all of their pain. So, I think everyone that cares about the NBA or basketball needs to go to Save our Sonics and let their voices be known. I understand the state's perspective on potentially overtaxing people due to the numerous arenas in recent years but they need to think about the history involved here with the most successful team in Seattle sports history.

No comments: