Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Oden and Durant bad for the NBA?






Don't be intimidated by my photo shopping ability. In case you couldn't tell, those are horns and that is in direct retaliation to the fire and brimstone being spewed by NBA analysts from the East coast.

I understand that everyone has a bias in some way shape or form. It come come up due to location, religion, race, gender, etc. But, I am somewhat surprised to the reaction of two great players coming to the Pacific Northwest. I understand that the East is weak and that these players could help the right side of the coast out but top picks don't guarantee anything. Drafting is always a crap shoot and who knows how good these kids will turn out. Rather than point a finger at bad coaching and management, people will continue to bring up luck amongst other excuses.

My take you ask? I say be happy we might bring more attention to the sport we love. I also say be happy that basketball in Seattle might be saved. The NBA just needs to make sure to get these kids on TV for the East coasters of the world and make sure they market them as much as possible along with their other young stars. Also East Coasters, stop referring to Seattle as an afterthought in terms of big markets. I seem to recall a lot of people enjoying the exploits of the reign man and the glove not too long ago.

No comments: