Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Al Holy Horford!




Cruising around the boxscores last night, I came across an insane line. Al Horford had 27 points, 17 rebounds and 6 blocks. He got more looks with Josh Smith being out but Horford has produced more than I thought he would coming out of college. I knew he was talented and had an NBA body but of the big three from Florida (I can't stop saying "big three"!), I thought that Noah would be the best pro and that Brewer could even end up being better than big Al in the end. Boy was I wrong.

While Al continues to rack up double-doubles, Noah just drinks and smokes pot in the streets and Corey Brewer, last I checked, still weighs 111 pounds. This could all turn around of course with a little maturation. Al was obviously ahead of the game physically and is off to an early lead in NBA success among the Florida boys. We'll see how it all turns out but Al is the anchor of an undefeated team and his success needs to be recognized.

-Aaron

No comments: