Tuesday, November 04, 2008



Iverson on the Go!

Well, the Billups move happened much sooner than I anticipated. I thought I would look sharp if he were moved later in the year but I didn't see this one coming at all. I've sat back and watched initial reactions and thought about it myself. I think initially, this trade helps Denver. They needed a steady hand to right the ship and Chauncey can more than do that with his experience and abilities. Iverson will provide scoring but I don't really know if I like his dynamic on that team. Detroit is built upon team first and selfless play and even though AI plays his heart out, I still see him wanting and needing to be that number one guy. This move was really made for down the road though. This gives Stuckey a chance to shine and ensures that Maxiell and Johnson get the burn they need to develop their skills. This also gives Detroit a shot at free agency come 2010. So, Denver will shine now but if the youngins' get it done and grow and a big name free agent comes to Michigan, they will look like the big winners down the road.

-Aaron

No comments: