Wednesday, November 12, 2008

NEW SHOW IN TOWN




I was quite excited for my first serving of "Fan Night" on NBATV. A matchup of two of the best teams in the league and a clear choice of the best game of the night - by the fans. Not that I was not flipping over to the amazingly entertaining matchup of the Spurs and Knicks... because I wasn't.

Frankly I really wasn't watching that much of the Lakers and Mavs either, because even though I was, I could not wait to get back to the studio crew of Ahmad Rashād, Gary Payton and Chris Webber.

As much as I love the crew of Chuck, Kenny and Erny, I have never been as captivated as I was by the riveting smack flowing back and forth between The Glove and C-Webb, not to mention the greatest unintentional humor of Rashād trying to keep up. Which is the nice way of me saying Rashād had not been blacker since he popped out of the womb.



Charles may have moves, but GP is a bad Mo'Fo.

Listening to GP and C-Webb do the highlights, was in fact the highlight of my evening. GP had a constant chirp to him. Making sounds I had never heard telecast. While C-Webb could have been called C-Smooth. Offering up a dose of truth to each of The Glove's indiscernible calls.

Whoooooooo... Oh na, son... Oh na... Why you trying to block dat? Why even jump? What you thinkin? No business... dont you know who dat is?

(what i was able to make of GP)

Throwing it down like a man. Cause thats how a man does it.

(C-Webb offered, making me realize Lebron dunking was a life lesson)

I have never asked for much in life, but I remember a Christmas wish list back in 1995 where all I wanted was Sports Center to be done on BET... Well, thanks to NBATV, I did not even have to fake cancer.



Rob McElhenney is going to hell...

I could go on and on about Rashād slinging jive and suddenly acquiring a slur of the street, but really that would be a detractor from the beauty that is the chemistry between GP and C-Webb. How no general manager had the where with all to match these two is beyond me; from the description of New York's salary cap struggles and doomed breakdown of Eddy Curry to their top ten highlight analysis, my life is forever changed in the best way.

Thank you NBATV - See you next Tuesday...


- PALKA

No comments: